Please join us Thursday 10/22/20 at 5 pm PT, for our Get Hired Now! Career Success Networking Group Call with Coach Ron Nash.
We will have GHN Career Network member Leah Jewell join us to talk about Upskilling and Reskilling this week. See additional info below.
What we will talk about:
LIFELONG LEARNING and the FUTURE OF WORK
- Jobs require us to constantly shift and evolve
- Stay relevant
- Employers value someone who’s always learning- it’s a mindset
- Think of yourself as a suite of skills vs a particular job
WHAT TO LEARN
- High demand skills. Job shifting and this is for the short and long term.
- Behavioral Skills
- What credentials matter
- Unpacking job descriptions- employers are not always clear about skills or pathways- it’s not you, it’s them!
- Look for skills/learning at the intersection of passion, job alignment and time
WHERE TO LEARN
- Free vs paid
- Degree vs discrete skill
- Start a business
- All learning counts- not every learning is formal
- Unpack your personal story
HOW TO DEMONSTRATE WHAT YOU’VE LEARNED
- Digital Credentials
Leah Jewell is a learner advocate and employability evangelist focused on lifelong learning, upskilling, alternative career pathways, and skills navigation. She spent 32 years at Pearson, most recently as the Managing Director for Employability Solutions where she built career development, industry pathways, and work-based learning services connecting employers, schools, and learners. She is currently the Principal Consultant for 2AR Consulting and is Co-Founder and CEO of UpstreamSkills (UPSKLS.com) connecting students to paid project work.
Connect with Leah on LinkedIn: https://www.linkedin.com/in/leahbronwynjewell/
If you know of anyone who you think would benefit from our weekly Career Success Mastermind and Networking group calls, please introduce them to us via email or have them contact us at email@example.com.
We look forward to seeing you and providing you with the tools that will lead to your career success.
Nicole Michelle & Coach Ron Nash